Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Small World and Termas de Chillan

8.5 years latter back in the USA
EPIC POWDER DAY IN TERMAS DE CHILLAN

So there I was, back in 98' a long hair traveling through Chile and enjoying some sweet southern equator July snow. After an epic adventure me and my traveling companions had found our selves in a hostel about 10 miles from the resort http://termasdechillan.ski.com/. It rained and snowed the entire night which could only mean one thing, snow on the mountain (that night I also ate my first pig with an apple in it's mouth, but that is an entirely different story). I woke up bright and early to a massive amount of fresh powder and a huge desire to get up the mountain. Only problem is I had no way of getting up there but my thumb. So I walk to the road and started hitching. The fine gentlemen in the picture above, picked me up and we had a killer time boarding with fresh lines all day. I have kept in touch with Rafa (the one in the Hawaiian shirt) for the past few years. So here is where the story gets cool. My buddy Rafa and his girlfriend are traveling the U.S.A and just happened to be in town the same weekend as my daughters 1st birthday party. It was so wild to be hanging out in my house during my daughters birthday party with my buddy who picked up hitchhiking in Chile. I love the fact that life is so packed with cool experiences.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

agreed! life is definitely packed with cool experiences. that's definitely one of them - very cool!

Jan said...

You've had a lot of really outstanding experiences -- I love your love for life and it's adventures! (miss you!)

 

Web Page Counters
Christian Dating Service