Saturday, March 14, 2009

Death Valley and Mining Camps

Mill works for the Eureka Mine
At top of ore shoot at the Bonnie Claire Mill

Truck outside of mill


Crusher and Smelter



This place freaked me out someone had been squatting in there not to long ago, suprised there was not a dead body in there



Smelter


1880's Structure at mill



Living quarters at mill


Bonnie Claire Mill



2nd Trip to Scotty's Castle




Eureka Gold Mine (Death Valley, CA)


My Dad next to the ore cart tracks



My Dad and the Kido at Sea Level


After a stressful couple weeks I decided to take the day off, and with my dad in town I had a prefect reason to go explore a couple old mining camps around death valley. We had a great time and found some really cool places. The frog was a champ and during the tour of Scotty's Castle told me that's where a princess would live. The mines where really in really good condition, if you want to read up on them here are the links. http://home.earthlink.net/~ghosttowns/dv/dvwest/dvwest.htm (its the first post)




No comments:

 

Web Page Counters
Christian Dating Service